Flower Pen Arrangement

9/27/10

Here is the other item I'll be giving my former employer as an "office warming" gift.  I wanted to do something a little different with the traditional flower pen and this is what I came up with.
I love the stylish look that the vase and river rock give and sticking to the same flower for all of the pens really adds to the elegance.  This is something that works well anywhere and is so multi-functional.  In fact, I'm tempted to keep one of them for myself to have right next to my kitchen phone.

This was a pretty simple project and the best part was all the money I was able to save.  Here is a list of what you'll need and details on how I ended up saving on the green stuff.
*Glass Vase or Jar         
     Craft Store = $10.99
     Same vase found at Walmart =$5.00
*Artificial Flowers  (Cluster)      
     Craft Store = $6.99
     Same flowers found at Dollar Tree = $1.00
*River Rock            
     Craft Store = $2.99
     Walmart = $3.00
     Same river rock found at Dollar Tree = $1.00 
*Pens
*Hot Glue Gun
*Exacto Knife
*Needle Nose Pliers

Step#1
Fill up your vase/jar with the river rock.  Depending on how full you want your vase you may need to buy a few bags.  I filed my jars clear full and used about 3 full bags.
Step #2
Remove the end cap from your pens.  (This is where your flower will be going)  I had a difficult time trying to remove them by hand ,so I ended up using an exacto knife to cut off the very top of the cap.  I then used needle nose pliers to pull out the remaining part.  It was a little tricky at first, but once I figured out what I needed to do it went really fast.  Be careful not to slice your finger!
Step#3
Remove your flowers and any greenery you want from the stems.  (They should just pull right off.  If they don't you may need to use wire cutters.)  If you keep some of the greenery remove the little plastic part and add it to your flower.
Step#4
Place some hot glue onto the end of your flowers and put them onto the end of the pen.
Step #5
Arrange the finished pens in the vase. (I ended up putting 8 pens in each vase.) Et Voila....a beautiful addition to any front desk.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...